Friday, July 4, 2008

The Land of the Free and the Home of the Brave

7/4/08-Day 9

Happy 4th of July!!!!

The 4th of July is BY FAR my favorite holiday! It always has been, it's kinda deal in my family. I decided that I wouldn't actually count my calories today, just keep an eye on my portion sizes and eat sensible things. I probably didn't do nearly as bad as I'm thinking I did. Probably about 1500 calories would be my guess, which all in all, isn't bad!

I am completely exhausted though. Spent the whole day with Lisa! We went to a cookout at my "second family's" home, you know, the people who aren't your actual family but you grew up with and they're your second family. Anyways...we went there this afternoon and got nice and tan in the gorgeous, perfectg 74 degree weather! Then we went to the Prime Outlet Mall to go to Vitamin World because we heard that if you take B Vitamins the mosquito's won't bite you because to them you'll smell bad. It actually worked! Then we went to my Aunt Linda's house where my entire family was, along with some of the extended family, which is always nice! And after we had the cookout there, we were finally off to the fireworks!

I absolutely LOVE the fireworks!

So now it's off to beddy-bye because I have to work at 7:15 in the morning...but only until noon, so that's nice. :)

******************************************************

Oh, say can you see
by the dawn's early light
what so proudly we hailed
at the twilight's last gleaming?
Whose broad stripes and bright stars
thru the perilous fight,
o'er the ramparts we watched
were so gallantly streaming?
And the rocket's red glare,
the bombs bursting in air,
gave proof through the night
that our flag was still there.
Oh, say does that star-spangled banner yet wave
o'er the land of the free and the home of the brave?

No comments: