Wednesday, July 2, 2008

The Day Before The Begining

On 6/25/08 I went to see my family doctor. He'd been on me for years telling me I need to loose weight and/or I need to maintain it once it was lost. So when I strolled into his office and told him I was there because I need help, you could almost see the shock run down his face! He "prescribed" me a 1200 calorie a day diet and gave me 2 weeks worth of sample menus, breakfast, lunch, snack and dinner. He also "prescribed" me an hour of exercise every day. I responded with, "Every day??? Isn't that a little excessive??? What happened to 1/2 an hour 3 times a week??" He said that if I was serious I needed to do an hour a day. He also said that as my doctor this wasn't a suggestion, it was an "order". Hmm... He then took my blood to make sure I'm not diabetic or have high cholesterol or the like, which reminds me...I need to call him and get the results. Although if it was bad, I'm sure I'd have heard by now, right?

No comments: