Wednesday, July 2, 2008

The Back Story

I haven't always been fat. I had a normal and very active childhood. After quite a few crushing, back to back life changing events, I packed on the pounds. I caught myself though before it got too out of hand, and lost about 60lbs and was back to 130lbs. A few years later I regained the weight, plus some for a grand total of 210lbs. Again, I lost the majority of it and got back to 150lbs. Well...needless to say, I've found it all plus some once more. My peak weight is 258lbs, and I've been like that for approximately 3 years now. I should probably mention that I'm 5'4", so that means my "ideal" weight range is 125-140. So...I'd like to get back to the norm! I need to loose 119lbs to hit the high end of the ideal range, so I figure why not just round it up to 120? After all, what's one more pound when you've already got such a huge goal?

So why's it different this time around? I mean, after gaining so much weight for the third time one might wonder why even bother trying to loose it again. Well, it IS different this time. I've decided that it's ridiculous for food to run my life. I would much rather be in control, thank you very much! So I'm taking it back. All of it. I'm going to discipline this body, beat it, if you will, until it becomes my slave and does what I ask. Harsh words, but all true!

No comments: