Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Waiting

There's this person, well this boy...man actually, who's caught my attention. 

I don't want to be a dumb girl.  I want to be a wise woman.

I pray about this a lot.  About a month or so ago, God very clearly spoke to me.  All he said was "wait".  That's it.  Not "yes, but wait", not "no, but wait", not "well, maybe, but wait".  Just "wait".

This is hard.  Not the waiting, I'm okay with that part.  But the whole part about waiting and not thinking/dreaming/worrying/speculating part.  I think I'm doing okay so far, but it's hard to keep myself in check.  So mostly I just keep praying.  When this individual pops into my head, I instantly turn my focus to Him and talk to Him.  I just want to honor the Lord so badly.  And when emotions and the heart get involved, it just gets all fuzzy.

Last week I got an email from a lady in my church.  She said that while she was spending time with the Lord that morning He had put me on her heart.  As she began to pray for me, God gave her three verses that she felt were very specifically for me.  They are as follows:

'Wait for the LORD;
be strong and take heart
and wait for the LORD.'
-Psalm 27:14

'Be strong and take heart,
all you who hope in the LORD.'
-Psalm 31:24

'I have told you these things,
so that in me you may have peace.
In this world you will have trouble.
But take heart!
I have overcome the world.'
-John16:33

There's a movie who's name I don't remember, but there's a line in it that says--

"I am waiting.  So I sit.  Silent as a cup."

Me too.

2 comments:

Sarah Towle said...

Ah....now your facebook status makes sense. Don't you just LOVE when God gives those kinds of answers? Ha, it's good though....trusting Him and all.

I'm excited to see where all your life will lead you!!!! So wait, silent like a cup. Hmm....

(Oh-and now-you're totally not one of the people I don't feel comfortable with. You're one of the few I feel completely comfortable with actually! YAY!)

Sarah said...

YAY! indeed!!!