Friday, November 6, 2009

Ghosts and Other Nonsense

My coworker believes in ghosts. Fine. Whatever.

The thing is, she believes our office is haunted. This annoys me to no end. Mainly because she REFUSES to do certain things that are required of her in her job because of this belief/fear. I am constantly butting heads with her over this. I try to see her point of view, but it's extremely hard for me to relate to because I do not believe in ghosts!

In the end, after trying to talk sense into her, I usually end up doing whatever she was supposed to do but was too afraid to do. Today I decided enough was enough. I told her that she needed to face her fear and to go do her freaking job! (I said it nicer though, although the sheer absurdity of having to try and talk rationally to her had me shaking and trying to keep myself from grabbing her by the shoulders to try and shake some sense into her) She still refused. So did I. My other coworker, who also thinks "ghost girl" is ridiculous, ended up going and doing what needed to be done because she thought we were both being stupid.

Fine. If not doing someone else's work because they're afraid of a non-existant ghost makes me stupid, so be it.

I'm stupid then.

2 comments:

Sarah Towle said...

Oh stupid Sarah ;-)! HA! This is hilarious, thought obviously quite annoying when you're actually in the situation. ...That's just weird. Are you sure she's forreal?

And yes....I like our now REAL friendship (real bc we read eachother blogs, HA!).

LOVE YOU!

Sarah said...

Yes, she's definetly for real. She always tells me of her experiences with ghosts and she watches all those stupid shows like Ghost Hunters. hahaha it is dumb just reading that, but in the situation it is VERY annoying!!!

:)