Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Summertime And The Living Is Easy

At least that's what the song says.  I have a love/hate relationship with the summertime.  I think I'll make a list.  Let's start with the negative and end on a happy note, shall we?

In the summertime I hate:

-the humidity
-when the temp gets above about 80-85
-sunstroke (I once had a really bad case of sunstroke when I was 15 and in marching band, and ever since I can get it fairly easily if I'm out in the sun for too long)

That's it really.  Overall, I really like the summer, contrary to popular belief.  I love all the seasons.  I just love some a little more than others is all!

In the summertime I love:

-driving with the windows down music blaring
-windblown hair
-suntans and freckles
-sandals
-being barefoot
-skirts and sundresses
-bright colors (on clothes, fingernails, toes, sunglasses, purses, everywhere!)
-long days
-warm nights
-sleeping with the windows open
-fruit & veggies cheap and ripe!
-ice cream
-sunroof open
-swimming
-4th of July
-everything comes alive!  the trees, flowers, town!
-lots of get togethers
-cookouts
-beer and brats (mmm)
-minimal makeup (bronzer, mascara, lipgloss--gorgeous!)
-hair in a fat bun, huge dangly earrings

So as you can see, I clearly enjoy the summertime.  Except for the heat and humidity ;)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I loveeeee freckles! But I seem to get them absolutely everywhere!!!

This is a cute list!

http://lovelettersandsnippets.blogspot.co.uk/

xxxx