Tuesday, March 1, 2011

A Little Thing

I have been sick with a head cold/flu-type thing since Friday.  Not that I'm complaining about it, it's just relevent to this post.

Tonight I asked my nephews Noah (4) and Declan (2 1/2) to pray that Jesus would make me feel better.  Noah took my hand in his and placed his other hand on top of mine, closed his eyes and said "Jesus, help Sarah feel good.  Amen."  Then Declan put his little hand on my arm, closed his eyes and said, "Jesus, thank you for this food.  Bless it to our bodies.  Amen."

While I couldn't help but laugh a little, I was so blessed that they actually prayed for me.  They were so genuine and serious in it as well.  And in thinking about Declan's prayer, I was overwhelmed with how much God loves us.  Declan was simply praying the one prayer he knows, yet God knows his heart in what he was asking for. 

I love that God doesn't care about the words we use to pray with, how fancy or ornate a prayer is, but that He simply loves for us to come to Him.  And in our small faith, He sorts it all out because He knows our hearts.

I love Jesus so much.

No comments: