Thursday, March 18, 2010

808's and Heartbreak

I don't really know what an 808 is, and I'm not currently experiencing heartbreak, but I have been listening to that Kanye West CD a lot lately.  I think it's the warmer weather.  There's something about when it finally hits 50 degrees and everyone's driving with their windows down, and motorcycles are out, and you take walks by the lake again, and bust out the grill, that makes you want to just play music with a lot of bass and beats very LOUDLY in your car.

It can't be just me, can it??

I've been thinking about this blog a lot.  Well, let's not get carried away, not A LOT a lot, just a lot.  (What?!  It makes sense to me!)  I feel like I never know what to write about.  What I mean is, I know what to write about when things are happening, but when it's just the day to day life, I'm at a loss.  Granted some would argue that that IS what you should be writing about, I think I should be writing about something of at least some interest to somebody somewhere, even if it's just myself.

Does that mean my life bores me?

No.  I don't know that I've ever felt bored with life.  I love life!  Maybe I just have too high of expectations of life?

I had no idea where this entry would go, but I did not see this philisophical nonsense coming.  I feel slightly shocked by myself.  hahaha...hmmm...

Here's what I know:

-I am 31 years old.
-I work at a bank.
-I am not someone who I could ever imagine to work in a bank.
-I enjoy my job.
-I never imagined I'd enjoy this job, I thought I'd hate it and was scared to take the job, but it's now going on 3 years.
-I am a Christian.
-That is the most important thing in my life.
-I live with my brother, his wife, their 2 young boys, there's another one on the way (!!!), and Amanda who we know from church.
-I love the color orange.
-I love all color and lots of it honestly, but orange holds a special place.
-I love coffee and tea.
-If I don't drink enough water during the day I worry I'm becoming dehydrated.
-That was a strange thing to admit, it just came out.
-I like plants.
-I have 8 plants in my bedroom, which sounds like way more than it looks like.
-I only paid for 2 of them.
-2 were gifts.
-2 were leaves that I accidently cut off plants at work and are now full blown plants themselves.
-1 is from a funeral.
-1 is from a trimming off a friends plant that I liked.
-I also have 2 dead plants in my room that just recently died for no apparent reason after years of happily living with me.  I guess we all have our time.
-And I do have a plant that's at my dad's house.  He was caring for it for me because the cat liked it and ate it all the time.  The cat died this past summer, but he still has my plant, which is fine because I'm not sure where I'd put it at this time.  And I dogsit for him every Monday night, so I get to say hi to it on a regular basis.
-I have patio lights hung in my room.  I love them.
-I enjoy reading.  I do it a lot.
-I just finished a book today.  I'm excited for the new book I start tomorrow.  It's a Christian book.  I never read Christian books.  I can feel bored by them.  I suppose because I like to read for entertainment, not for knowledge.  Is that weird?  I just like to get lost in the stories, not to think about my own.  Hmm...that doesn't sound healthy does it...
-I would like to be a writer by profession.  As a career.
-I have no clue how to do that, or what that would look like.
-I do think that not knowing what to write about hinders that.
-Have you seen the movie Mixed Nuts?  There's this wall artist in that movie who can never do his art because he doesn't have a wall to do art on.  I can relate to that.
-The other part of me can be annoyed by that.  If you want to do something, DO IT!!!  Stop waiting for the perfect opportunity.  I mean, people who do things by nature, naturally do what it is they want to do.
-Wait.  Does that mean I DON'T want to be a writer?

So you see, only confusion and vain self searching can come from not knowing what to write about.

(Man do I crack myself up sometimes!)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

haha

you crack me up too.

Unknown said...

oh yeah
when the weather gets right I take my doors off. and when the weather gets better i take the top off for the summer.

But my CD player is not working currently. Or i would have loud music playing