Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Nunsense

I waited on a nun at work the other day. 

Thoughts that went through my head:

'I could never do that, choose to be alone like that......but I am alone, maybe it would be easier to choose to be alone rather than fight it like crazy and keep kicking against the goads......maybe it'd just be easier to "give in" to being alone......but then what if in my resigning to it I miss my spouse, my best friend?......why have I never been in a relationship?......I don't know how to do that......I went straight from "good Christian girl who doesn't date" to "sure, I'll do that with you".  There was every boundary and then no boundaries.  I can only relate to the extremes, not to the relationship aspect......how do I do that?......I don't know how.'

So the long and short of this story is...don't wait on a nun when you're single, feeling lonely and have just turned 31.

HA!

6 comments:

Miss Taken said...

Girrrrrl! I hear you. Ironically, I just said (within this past week) that maybe I should become a nun. I mean, I'm basically already one...why not make it official?

Can I just add that at THIS point is when people are cued (or so they think) to tell you to wait for that man to come into your life. Because he will. And it will be great. And yes, it will have it's ups and downs - but it will be a reward for your wait...

Have I mentioned that those are the people that I would love to punch in the face? Odds are that *they* were married at 21 and have 3 kids by now. Never will they understand being 30 and single - regardless of how they 'try to relate'. They can't.

Also, while I'm venting, I love how 'marrieds' who are younger than us 'singletons' like to remind us that marriage isn't easy. Really? REALLY? I think WE of ALLLLLL people have a VERY realistic view on marriage! HA!

On a lighter note - the Dr. Pepper that I am drinking right now is FANtastic! :D

Miss Taken said...

I love that some people will read my comment to you and think that I'm some jaded, bitter, single person. HA! That is SO not the case. Just resolved to reality. LOL

Sarah Towle said...

Mmmmmm..I love you-more than I love most people.

Unknown said...

Heidi, you should just wait for that man to come into your life. Because he will. And it will be great. And yes, it will have it's ups and downs - but it will be a reward for your wait...

Plus, marriage isn't easy.

Miss Taken said...

John Freeborn is my new hero.

Unknown said...

:)