Wednesday, January 6, 2010

The List

A few friends of mine are writing out lists of 52 things they would like to do this year with the goal of doing one thing per week.  It got me to thinking of what my list would look like.  Some of these things may not work out practically due to finances and allotted vacation time, but either way it's a list.

Here's what I've got so far--


List Of Things I Would Like To Do In 2010


-Accumulate $2000 in my savings.
-Loose 100lbs.
-Develop a heathier, more active lifestyle.
-Take an overnight trip somewhere by myself (even if just one night).
-Read through the Old Testament.
-Read a minimum of 2 books a month.
-Cultivate tidiness and organizational skills.
-Purge my physical belongings even more.
-Go to Chicago.
-Go to Milwaukee.
-Go to Madison?
-Study the gift of healing, fan it into flame.
-Speak a new tongue.
-Learn Zumba.
-Own a bikini.
-Paint my dresser/end table/tv stand/chair.
-Paint my bedroom?
-Visit Nikki in Lake City, MI.
-Visit Kristen in St. Charles, IL.
-Memorize a minimum of 12 new Scriptures.
-Develop punctuality.
-Ride my bike.
-Go hiking with dad.
-Rediscover my love of watercoloring.
-Go on a coffee date.
-Participate in every Twilight Market of the summer season.
-Reread all of SARK's books.
-Go with Molly back to her home in Seymour, WI.
-Go to Door County.
-Stay in a Bed & Breakfast somewhere.
-Write a poem/short story a month.
-Learn the "Single Ladies" dance.

I'm not at 52, but it seems like a rather full plate, and it inspires me!!  Who knows, maybe I'll actually do some of these now that they're in writing and not just floating around in my head!

5 comments:

Sarah Towle said...

I wanna do the Single Ladies Dance with you! I'm addding that to my list!!!!!

Sarah said...

DO IT!!!

Emily Brandt's Creative Samples said...

I think you should add, "visit my cousin in Minneapolis, MN" to the list. You'd love it here, it's incredible. Just sayin.

Unknown said...

I've never been to Door County.

meyer said...

I wanna learn the Single Ladies dance too! That is hillarious. Love it!