Tuesday, June 30, 2009

oh dear lord...

I was just helping an older black gentleman(OBG) at work. We had the following conversation.



OBG: "You have any babies?"

Me: "Uhh...no."

OBG: "I know it's rude to ask a lady, but how old are ya?"

Me: (laughing) "Thirty"

OBG: "What?!?!? Thirty and no babies?!? How'd ya manage that???"

Me: "Quite easily really..."

OBG: "Don't ya have a man?"

Me: "No, but thanks for asking"

OBG: "Well why dontcha??"

Me: "I don't know...haven't found the right one yet I guess."

OBG: "Do ya go to church?"

Me: "Yes, I go to Living Light."

OBG: "Well good for you! You don't want any ole guy anyways, you wanna man, ya know? Ya know the difference dontcha? Any ole guy will just do what he wants with ya, but a man, a man will love ya and cherish ya and take care of ya. That's what you want."

Me: "Yes sir, that is what I want."

OBG: "Well then, you just keep on lovin' on Jesus ya hear? The Bible says 'A man who finds a wife finds a good thing', but it don't say nothin' about a woman findin' a man. That's because woman's supposta be lovin' on Jesus with all they's heart and then a man will find her and it will be a good thing."

Me: "huh...I never thought of it that way."

OBG: "well you have a good day now ya hear, and have a great 4th of July!"

Me: "You too, thank you."



Random...

1 comment:

Miss Taken said...

TOTALLY Random! I love hearing your random tales with black men...like a few years ago in the card aisle somewhere! lol

Anyway...the story ended up being more encouraging than I thought it would, based on the start!

Hahahaha!!!!!!